Wednesday, August 23

State of Fear

Let’s talk about books. So far I have only talked about “cool” books I have read. “Cool” is not really the best word for it. But I’m not sure how else to describe these authors; modern lit, trendy, ???. I don’t know how to quantify it, but I know it when I see it. These are the books you proudly display when you are on the train, at the beach, at the coffee shop, ect.

Anyways, don’t think that is all I read. No sir. I read all kinds of books. I actually never have a good answer for the question, “What kind of books do you like?” I just want say, “Good books.”

This brings us to this review:



First things first, I read a lot of crap fiction to. Clancy, Grisham, Koontz, ect... I ain’t bragging, but i’m not gonna lie either. So yeah, Michael Crichton. As crap/pop fiction goes, this is all right. I believe it is my favorite out of all of Crichton’s books; exciting, intelligent, fast paced, and surprising from time to time.

I believe this book got a lot of attention besides its best seller status. I remember reading a very critical review of the book in Rolling Stone magazine in one of their “Save the World” editions. Crichton has a lot to say about the environment and specifically the green movement. It is worth reading to hear an interesting and unconventional critique of the current environmental debate.

No comments: