Wednesday, August 16

Outfit 06.08.15



T-shirt first. I got this one a long time ago in NYC. It was from my shop. It was from some independent seller. He walked in the shop and made a deal with the owner to sell the shirts. I loved the colors of them. He always combined some muted base with some bright touches.

Sadly, I am almost completely uninformed about the various revolutionaries that are cool. I’m not going to embarrass myself with some explanation of what this t-shirt has to say. Track the artist down and ask him.

Basically I just like that it has a little pink on it.




On to the shoes. Yesterday I went out to Chiba to meet my friend for a goodbye drink. It is a long trip, but I had an ulterior motive as well: I wanted try to find some shoe laces at the outlet shops there. Little did I know that I would be confronted with such a smorgasbord of kix.

The Nike Outlet in Chiba was more crowded than all the other stores at the complex. They were having quite the sale. I looked briefly for laces but I couldn’t find any. So I started browsing thru the shoes. That is when my jaw hit the floor. The rest of my time there...I was just dragging my poor jaw around from one aisle to another.

I found at least 6 pairs I liked! All of them I had seen previously in other shops over the last couple months. But now they were all more than half of the original price. My head was exploding! I tried on 4 pairs and carried around 3 different boxes.

I finally settled on the Air Max 1 that was part of the "Evolution of Air Max" pack. It was a really tough choice...really tough. But I love the muted muddy colors mixed with the vivid lime green. It speaks to me somehow.

I have a feeling they are going to be hard to work into my wardrobe, I don't have that much green. But, I've never been one to back down from a challenge.

Stay tuned.

ps.


A special shout out to my friend. He's moving on to bigger and better things. Japan ain't gonna be the same without you. Take care and stay in touch!

No comments: